VACATION, STAYCATION, DAYCATION; THE SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES
Vacation, Staycation, and Daycation are not very far from one another in terms of definition and purpose – they are all taken to have fun. What makes them different is the budget, travels, duration, and activities involved.
A vacation is the time take from work or an occupation, usually away from home, for the purpose of pleasure, recreation, relaxation, travel, and tourism. Vacations, also known as holidays, are often spent with family and friends to unwind, catch-up, and explore. It requires a minimum of a day or more to have a vacation. By standard, it covers between weeks and months. Some of the attractions to vacation are flights, cruises, camping, renting a beach house or resort, tours and adventures, etc.
Vacation require you to travel out of your zone to a different city, state, country, or continent.
As the name implies, daycation involves visiting a location for just a day to relax and unwind. Normally, you should return home on that same day but if it’s a long trip with lots to explore, you can decide to stay the night. Many people choose daycation because it is cheaper than a vacation or staycation, and is usually best for weekends.
Daycation simply refers to a day out to same or neighbouring cities or states.
A staycation is a kind of vacation you have without travelling. You visit a particular location or a series of amazing places in your city or country. It is just like a mini holiday where you go out to fun places like parks and attraction sites, do some sightseeing, have picnics and go back home. It is best for family and friends who are looking to have a great weekend blast.
Staycation is best used in describing staying at home, sitting in the garden, resting, and revitalizing.
- They all involve taking breaks from work for respite.
- Planning is needed in all.
- Helps to get distracted from life’s challenges.
- Frees you from getting sad and overburdened.
- Gives you the time to clear your head from work stress.
- Allows you to unwind and refresh.
Why choose Daycation and Staycation over Vacation?
Since Daycation and Staycation have more similarities compared to vacation, here are a few reasons you might want to look in that direction and still have fun as much as you would in a vacation.
- Budget: Staycations and Daycations are always cheaper than vacations. You might have your money planned out for rent, childcare, major house and car repairs, savings, school fees, feeding and all of that. In this case, going for staycation and daycation keeps you on a financial safe side.
- Health challenges: For some, their underlying medical state makes it difficult for them to travel far distances. Generally, the global COVID-19 pandemic has not made travelling for vacations an accessible option. If you are insistent on exploring, you should consider a daycation that won’t expose you to further risks.
- Tired of travelling: Some jobs and businesses allow you to travel regularly, giving you less time for your family. If you are that type, the best way to give your family the quality time they need is taking them for a daycation or staycation, and probably create a convenient time for a long vacation.
- Relocation: Moving to a new city, state, or country already puts you in an environment that has lots of boxes for you to open. Staycations will help you familiarize with the new place at a very low cost, shedding off money for hotels and tourists that would have been involved in a vacation.
- Bonding: If you are dating and can not plan or afford a vacation that involves flying or taking a long cruise, staycations are perfect to strengthen your relationship bond, rejuvenate, and improve your mutual understanding of each other. It gives you that time away from work where you can discuss each other’s lives and careers.
- Health protection: Staycation prevents the stress of travelling mixing up with people whose health status you can’t ascertain. Vacations expose you to germs, sicknesses, hazards, and alien food and drinks that may not settle well with your immune system.
- Improves your local economy: Instead of spending money abroad, you will supporting the businesses, restaurants, parks and attractions in your locality by patronizing them during daycations and staycations, thereby encouraging innovation and boosting the local economy.
Whether you choose a vacation, daycation, or staycation, it all comes down to whichever one makes you happy without making your pockets frown. You can have fun in whatever way it comes either by flying the world, or from the comfort of your home and locality.
Make your own adventure and unveil new places you have never explored before but don’t forget to capture memories to keep track of your vacation experiences, big or small. Remember, no event, no history.
Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time – eat, sleep, travel!
Hasta La Vista,